Thursday, March 12, 2009

Iris Folding

I taught myself something new. It's called Iris Folding and I think it's great. Basically you fold several strips of paper and then layer then down on a pattern to create a great final look. I did take pictures but didn't have time to download them onto the computer (I will do it tonight) so in the meantime here is a sample so you get the idea.

Here is a sample of the pattern. There are hundreds of free patterns out there (just google iris folding pattern) or you can buy books with them. I personally printed and lamited several patterns (in different sizes) so that I can use them over and over again.


And here is the final product.

I will admit u-tube was a great help on this. Lots of ladies share their how-to videos.

2 comments:

Embellished Bayou said...

Cute! What do you do with them? Scrapbooking?

Alicia said...

Right now I just made a couple cards (sorry I didn't post pictures last night, we had a doggy emergancy come up). I've seen the technique used in scrapbooks, wall art and a few other ideas as well.