Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NCR: (Not Craft Related): Dog Rescue Transport

I have always wanted to get involved with dog rescue and one need out there is transports (getting a dog(s) from one place to another). Unfortunately I live in the panhandle of the country and there aren't many places that require transports. However, this past week we were headed up to Tennessee for vacation and it just so happened there was a need for help with a transport and about 4 hours of the trip was right on our way.

To read more about the rescuees and their stories check out their blog here: http://www.scoutandmolly.blogspot.com/ . I will share LOTS of pictures though cause we loved them so.

When we first picked them up, Molly had been away at the vet for surgery on her eye. These two were apparently very close prior to landing at the shelter and they were SO excited to see each other. We were all laughing at how happy they were.
Then they calmed down enough to pose for a good-bye picture for the shelter.When we got in the car they were goofy and couldn't seem to grasp laying down and getting comfy. (I love Molly's look)
So I decided to join them in the backseat until they got settled. However, Scout wanted to cover me in kisses so I had to hold him back.
Molly calmed down first and started to enjoy the car ride.
and finally relaxed and snuggled down next to me to rest.
Then Scout started to look sleepy so I moved back to my passenger seat position and let them have their space to relax and take a nap.

Once they woke up


We decided to stop for a potty break

And to pose for a picture of course

When we arrived in Atlanta, they were more than ready to get out of the car. So we said our good-bye (with Scout again trying to kiss me)

Finally, we handed them off to Vicki who would be driving them another 1.5 hours.

2 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Wonderful post!


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Uniquely Yours Crafters said...

Quite the trip! Hopefully they are now settled into a great home.